From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating multiple "installations" on the same host
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:23:34
1 maillog: 23/03/2004-12:16:26(-0800): david@×××××××××.com types
2 > If you are not cross compiling then you could just take a stage2
3 > snapshot from a mirror somewhere, put it in /usr/stage2, then chroot
4 > to there, with a fully functional toolchain/system and build to your
5 > hearts desire.
6
7 Here's a real-life example. Compiling packages on a fast desktop for a slow
8 laptop.
9
10 - I don't want to link /etc/make.conf to $LAPTOP/etc/make.conf, same going for
11 /etc/portage/, etc, every time I compile something for the laptop (and not
12 forget to revert the changes)
13 - I don't want to chroot and build, because this takes forever
16 ( Georgi Georgiev ( BOFH Excuse #376: Budget cuts forced us to (
17 ) chutz@×××.net ) sell all the power cords for the servers. )
18 ( +81(90)6266-1163 ( (
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list