From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] build CD boot swap problem
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:21:13
1 On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 01:04:39PM -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > After installing Gentoo from the build CD, several (meaning at least
3 > three so far) people are finding that, despite a valid fstab, the
4 > swap partition isn't being mounted at boot time, although "swapon -a"
5 > will mount the swap partition after the system is up. Polaris
6 > (on irc) suggests the fix of putting the devfs name in fstab
7 > (instead of /dev/hdax). I've installed Gentoo rc5 both from
8 > the i686 and the build CDs now, and I only had the swap problem
9 > w/ the build CD. Anybody have an idea what's going on?
10
11 Yes, try moving the /etc/rc.d/rcboot.d/06devfsd script back to position
12 4. That was a boo-boo. I'm working on new initscripts over here at the
13 moment, and we'll get this mess resolved for rc6.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org