From: Grant Goodyear <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] build CD boot swap problem
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:02:44
1 After installing Gentoo from the build CD, several (meaning at least
2 three so far) people are finding that, despite a valid fstab, the
3 swap partition isn't being mounted at boot time, although "swapon -a"
4 will mount the swap partition after the system is up. Polaris
5 (on irc) suggests the fix of putting the devfs name in fstab
6 (instead of /dev/hdax). I've installed Gentoo rc5 both from
7 the i686 and the build CDs now, and I only had the swap problem
8 w/ the build CD. Anybody have an idea what's going on?
9
10 Thanks,
11 Grant
12 --
14 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
15 | Dept. of Chemistry - UH |1. Add zero. |
16 | Houston, TX 77204 |2. Multiply by one. |
17 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
18 |e-mail: goodyear@××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
19 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
20 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |