From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] build CD boot swap problem
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:45:53
1 On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:04:39 -0500 Grant Goodyear
2 <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > After installing Gentoo from the build CD, several (meaning at least
5 > three so far) people are finding that, despite a valid fstab, the
6 > swap partition isn't being mounted at boot time, although "swapon -a"
7 > will mount the swap partition after the system is up. Polaris
8 > (on irc) suggests the fix of putting the devfs name in fstab
9 > (instead of /dev/hdax). I've installed Gentoo rc5 both from
10 > the i686 and the build CDs now, and I only had the swap problem
11 > w/ the build CD. Anybody have an idea what's going on?
14 I installed from the i586 CD, use devfs, and have no swap problems.
15 Unfortunately, I don't have a clue what the "build CD" is.
18 Collins Richey
19 Denver Area
20 Gentoo_rc5 XFCE