From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item for udev 197-r3 upgrade (yes, I know, it's late)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:26:25
1 On 25/01/2013 15:23, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > Even so, I could downgrade and revdep-rebuild after that, and it
3 > should Just Work, right?
4
5 Yes and no — you're safer if you get rid of the .so.1 first then
6 revdep-rebuild (if you're using preserved-libs). I know there should be
7 support for ldconfig NOT to re-create the links to the highest library
8 by default for .so files, but I wouldn't bet on it as I've seen other
9 things causing ldconfig to run and overwrite them outside Portage.
12 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
13 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/