From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item for udev 197-r3 upgrade (yes, I know, it's late)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:23:54
1 On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > Depends on whether or not you rebuilt the rdeps -- udev-197 provides
3 > libudev.so.1 while udev-171 provides libudev.so.0 , so there's
4 > breakage on stuffs like lvm2 and other ebuilds that link to libudev
5
6 Even so, I could downgrade and revdep-rebuild after that, and it
7 should Just Work, right?
8
9 IIRC, I had nothing rebuilt by revdep-rebuilt after merging udev-197,
10 so maybe this is not an issue for me.
11
12 Maybe you could add a note about this to the news item?
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 Dirkjan