From: Markus Nigbur <pYrania@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Grsecurity Poll
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:14:52
1 On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:02:03 -0400
2 Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:46:46AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 18:48, Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > > > Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome.
7 > >
8 > Perhaps a silly question, but why are patches rolled as their own kernels at
9 > all? Seems to my little brain (yes, it's real small when it comes to these
10 > matters) that it would almost make more sense to offer the vanilla kernel as
11 > is, then have each of these (currently their own ebuilds) patches as add on
12 > ebuilds, such as emerge vanillia-kernel, emerge grsecurity-patch, emerge
13 > nvidia-patch, etc. After all, it's not like the ebuild for the kernel
14 > compiles it in the first place, and as far as I know these patches
15 > add/replace to the existing structure, right? Just a random thought, feel
16 > free to ignore :)
17
18 we had a discussion about this on bugzilla with ck-sources 2.4.21.
19 it would be nice to introduce some local flags for the kernel patches.
20 Bug #22822
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list