From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Grsecurity Poll
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:56:08
1 On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:46:46AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 18:48, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > Comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome.
4 >
5 Perhaps a silly question, but why are patches rolled as their own kernels at
6 all? Seems to my little brain (yes, it's real small when it comes to these
7 matters) that it would almost make more sense to offer the vanilla kernel as
8 is, then have each of these (currently their own ebuilds) patches as add on
9 ebuilds, such as emerge vanillia-kernel, emerge grsecurity-patch, emerge
10 nvidia-patch, etc. After all, it's not like the ebuild for the kernel
11 compiles it in the first place, and as far as I know these patches
12 add/replace to the existing structure, right? Just a random thought, feel
13 free to ignore :)
20 | http://www.gentoo.org/
21 | #gentoo-dev on irc.freenode.net
22 Gentoo Dev | #gentoo-perl on irc.freenode.net
23 Perl Guy |
24 | GnuPG Key ID: AB5CED4E9E7F4E2E
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list