From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Grsecurity Poll
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:15:53
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:02:03 -0400
3 Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > patches as add on ebuilds, such as emerge vanillia-kernel,
6 > emerge grsecurity-patch, emerge nvidia-patch, etc.
9 That would make it far more difficult to separate the patches (some
10 patches poverlap and make bad things happen, some things need to be
11 reworked to work with different patches) and the fact that its a bit of
12 policy to not have multiple packages mess with the same files on the
13 disk. (if they do thats a bug in my opinion)
16 //Spider
19 begin .signature
20 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
22 end