From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: AW: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.0.2 system build notes
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:50:44
1 Emacs is a problem for pam? I don’t know why?
2
3 When I bootstrap a new system and then merge the system. Emacs wouldn't
4 be installed. OK, e3 is a link. But what has pam to-do with emacs?
5
6 Please tell me a solution... (if you know) Thanks
7
8 Sebastian
9
10 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
11 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
12 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org] Im Auftrag von Chad Huneycutt
13 Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 22:55
14 An: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
15 Betreff: Re: AW: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.0.2 system build notes
16
17 Sebastian Werner wrote:
18
19 >I think you get the pam error with any option in make.conf. I thought
20 >It was a problem only on my system, but it seems to be not. I use
21 >The pam and pwdb binary-packages form rc5. - ok this is not very clean
22 >But work for me!
23 >
24 Check your /usr/bin/emacs. I *think* that is what caused this problem
25 (I may be confused). When configure looks for emacs, it just looks to
26 see if the 'emacs' is in the path, not if emacs is actually installed.
27 The problem is that /usr/bin/emacs is a link to e3em on some systems,
28 and this causes confuses configure (I can explain more if anyone is
29 interested). This may not be the problem here, but it is for some other
30
31 packages.
32
33 Chad