From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Passing arguments to eqmake3
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:57:14
1 Mounir Lamouri wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I have a package that uses qmake (from Qt 3) as its build system and
4 >> that installs into /usr/local by default (as any well packaged
5 >> software should do). This of course can be overridden at build time.
6 >> In this case, with:
7 >>
8 >> qmake PREFIX=/usr projectfile.pro
9 >>
10 >> In order to install into /usr (as any well written ebuild should do.)
11 >> In the ebuild however, eqmake3 doesn't seem to accept any arguments.
12 >> This:
13 >>
14 >> eqmake3 PREFIX=/usr projectfile.pro | die "qmake failed"
15 >>
16 >> results in:
17 >>
18 >> * Project .pro file "PREFIX=/usr" does not exists
19 >> * qmake cannot handle non-existing .pro files
20 >>
21 >> when trying to emerge. What can I do?
24 > eqmake is taking arguments but you have to set the .pro file first like:
25 > eqmake3 projectfile.pro PREFIX=/usr || die "eqmake3 failed"
26
27 Thanks. That works nicely.
30 > By the way, you may want to set PREFIX="${D}"/usr
31
32 Nope, that's not recommended here. If I do that, the application is
33 searching at runtime for its datafiles in /var/tmp/portage/[...] instead
34 of /usr/share which is obviously wrong.