From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:14:28
1 On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 01:13:48PM +0200, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Jeroen Roovers wrote:
3 > > On a minor note, I'd also like to see bug reporters use canonical
4 > > package names in bug descriptions, including the category (and
5 > > preferably the specific version, not some >=foo-3*!!!one, not to
6 > > mention specifying no version at all). Including the category means
7 > > arch devs won't need to guess/discover which of a few hundred categories
8 > > a package is meant to reside in.
9 >
10 > First off, I second that. Second, here's how you still get where you
11 > want without looking up the category:
12 >
13 > $ cd gentoo-x86/*/foo
14
15 This works better:
16
17 $ cd gentoo-x86/*/foo/
18
19 This avoids the case where a file by the same name exists (for
20 example, in licenses/).
21
22 > This of course doesn't work if there are multiple packages with the same
23 > name in different categories, but if a package maintainer doesn't
24 > specify the category in such a case, he should be hit anyway ;P
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list