From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:35:06
1 On 15/02/2013 10:44, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I empathize, but I'm not really sure it is a blocker for this effort.
3 > Developers already have to evaluate whether the bug the user filed is
4 > legitimate; I don't think this makes that significantly more
5 > difficult. As stated. spotting overlay usage is pretty simple as-is.
6
7 Did I say that I don't like the graveyard project? I didn't think so.
8
9 I only wanted to make it clear to Rich, who seemed not to know or
10 remember, that overlays are not harmless in and by themselves.
11
12 (But I would still argue that "spotting overlay usage" is not always as
13 simple; at least in one case I got somebody who was trying to hide their
14 use of proaudio.)
17 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
18 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/