From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 04:53:44
1 On 15 February 2013 22:34, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > (But I would still argue that "spotting overlay usage" is not always as
3 > simple; at least in one case I got somebody who was trying to hide their
4 > use of proaudio.)
5
6 Users editing the output of emerge --info and hiding they overlay
7 usage is another problem. Anyway, overlays are not going away, so we
8 just need to streamline our process of dealing with the resulting
9 bugs.
10
11 To bring this back on topic, users are going to get tree-cleaned
12 ebuilds anyway, putting them in their local overlays if they want to
13 use these packages. We're just facilitating them with a more
14 centralized solution for this, as there is obvious demand for it.
15 Plus, this may be a stepping stone for users fixing those packages and
16 taking up proxy-maintainership.
19 Cheers,
20
21 Ben | yngwin
22 Gentoo developer
23 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin