From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion 1/2
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:30:19
1 On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 07:10:02AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > that depends, does your code actually have things like
3 > #ifdef DEBUG
4 > <debug stuff>
5 > #endif
6 And likewise your code should NOT have some logic like the following in
7 it's build system.
8 if(debug mode)
9 ignore user cflags and use our own cracked out cflags
10
11 I've seen an upstream configure script where if you tell it you want
12 debug mode, the only thing it does is force CFLAGS to '-O -march=i386'
13 and not strip the binaries itself - this of course failed dismally when
14 you tried to enable debugging on non-x86 platforms.
17 Robin Hugh Johnson
18 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
19 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85