From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 18:10:07
1 On Wednesday 02 August 2006 05:50, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > Nothing that I have read about sunrise, either in GWN, their project
3 > pages, or the FAQ, has given me the impression that they are "urging
4 > all users to give it a try". There is certainly some advertising
5 > about it, as would be appropriate for any new Gentoo project. But
6 > nothing that I would say gives the slightest hint of "pushiness".
7
8 Well, as long as there's no big fat warning that there's not support, no
9 security team backing it up - and that the overlay is not meant for general
10 consumption, it's very problematic. On the contrary, it's written down that
11 the overlay is meant to make a wide range of ebuilds easily available -
12 without any measures to secure its consumers.
15 Carsten