From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Intent to help with #gentoo-dev voicing issues
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:06:16
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Jan Kundrát wrote:
5 >>Are you awake 24/7/365? If not, I probably misunderstood your message.
6 >>If someone goes to IRC, he (IMHO) wants to discuss stuff *right now* and
9 > right now is when you listener is pleased to listen, ALWAYS.
10
11 Sorry, I can't parse this.
12
13 >>don't want to wait for you to return from job/shopping/vacation/whatever.
16 > If is so important the best way to address the problem is send a bug
17 > using bugzilla. Then there is the email, then there is a polite request
18 > on irc, then there is a snail mail, with the request printed on the dev
19 > fav currency.
20
21 Some problems are better discussed in a real-time fashion, and you (the
22 Gentoo developers) have already said that you are open to voicing people
23 who can make a request politely.
24
25 > Beside jokes, your attitude is pretty rude, we are all volunteers and we
26 > are people with a life (hopefully), we like to help and improve, but not
27 > push us.
28
29 I know that we all are volunteers and I really appreciate your work. It
30 wasn't my intention to be rude at all, I just wanted to point out that
31 if a *single* person states that he would be an official
32 point-of-contact, it won't be very usefull as I can't imagine anyone
33 being on IRC all the time. And if the person who wishes to ask isn't
34 voiced in, let's say, less than hour, he can send a mail to -dev ML as well.
35
36 I'm sorry if you considered my previous reply impolite, I'm not a native
37 English speaker :-).
38
39 WKR,
40 -jkt
43 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth