From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:24:27
1 On Monday 21 November 2005 12:04, Duncan wrote:
2 > * Set the base tag. I sometimes save web pages for my own
3 > use, and like them to work when I do. Adding a <base href= ...>
4 > tag would be very useful, here. Without it, saving just the HTML to
5 > disk breaks the page rather drastically, because it can't find the CSS
6 > and images, as they are relative links. Good to have the links
7 > relative; good the formatting is separated from the content to the
8 > degree the page breaks without the CSS; bad that there's no base href
9 > tag to "unbreak" things when the html page gets viewed on its own.
10
11 As the pages are generated from xml, this might be hard to do. Also isn't
12 this something that should be done by the downloading program. I know
13 that IE does (used to do) this. Wget can do something similar. In any
14 case isn't the idea of downloading a page that you also download the
15 images and stylesheets, etc. belonging to it. (firefox can also do this).
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer