From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-cdr/sync2d
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 01:39:57
1 On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 06:27:51PM -0700, Christopher Head wrote:
2 > On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 12:40:17 -0700
3 > Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > With that in mind, I don't expect it to gain Python 3 support, nor do
6 > > I expect an additional 15 days of waiting time to change that fact. 15
7 > > vs 30 days doesn't seem worth squabbling over.
8 >
9 > Not that I care about this specific case, but isn’t the 30-day time
10 > period also meant as a nice long warning time for people *using* the
11 > package to give them time to migrate to something else before it starts
12 > to be unsupported, potentially break the depgraph, no longer be
13 > installable on additional systems, and so on?
14 > --
15 > Christopher Head
16
17 That perspective opens a new potential bikeshed. I doubt anyone wants to
18 have anotehr Py2 removal debate...
19
20 Of course, the depgraph is not an issue. If a package is
21 masked, it will break immediately. Hence, required checks
22 are run then the package is masked.
25 Cheers,
26 Aaron