From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 03:37:48
1 On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 01:30:59PM +0200, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:09:55 +0200
3 > Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Markos Chandras
6 > > <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > I propose the following arches to lose their stable keywords
8 > > >
9 > > > - s390
10 > > > - sh
11 > > > - ia64
12 > > > - alpha
13 > > > - m68k
14 > > > - sparc
15 > >
16 > > +many.
17 >
18 > ++many.
19 >
20 > If any of these arches considers themselves to be a major arch; they
21 > need to speak up and let us know if reasonable, but then we also need
22 > to ensure that we draw more manpower to such major arch.
23
24 I think we are looking at this problem the wrong way. Why not define
25 what is needed to be a major arch and a minor arch (~arch only). Then
26 drop a marjor arch to a minor arch if they don't meet the requirement.
27
28 For example, we could define a major as having an arch lead, 3 active devs
29 (commited to the cvs tree in the last xyz number of days), etc
30
31 I've been trying to get more involved with ia64, sparc, ppc, ppc64 so my
32 vote is to keep those arch as a major arch. I'd be willing to help out
33 ago mark ebuilds stable but as others have pointed out he does such a good
34 job, its hard to compete with him ;)
37 Cheers,
40 Jack Morgan
41 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>>
42 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A