From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:43:01
1 On 09/02/16 23:38, Alex McWhirter wrote:
2 > On 02/09/2016 05:39 PM, Duncan wrote:
3 >> I'd agree, except that the way we're running udev is strongly discouraged
4 >> and generally not supported by upstream, with a statement that it /will/
5 >> break in the future, it's simply a matter of time.
6 >>
7 >> Which makes a big difference when supporting that same specific use-case
8 >> is the primary and arguably only reason the considered alternative exists.
9 >>
10 >> IOW, it's not about not liking upstream. It's about choosing a default
11 >> that supports our default use-case.
12 >>
13 > My point exactly. When this happens we either make something like eudev
14 > default or we have to make systemd default. I don't really care which as
15 > long as i still have the option to change it.
16 >
17 +1