From: Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:39:12
1 On 02/09/2016 05:39 PM, Duncan wrote:
2 > I'd agree, except that the way we're running udev is strongly discouraged
3 > and generally not supported by upstream, with a statement that it /will/
4 > break in the future, it's simply a matter of time.
5 >
6 > Which makes a big difference when supporting that same specific use-case
7 > is the primary and arguably only reason the considered alternative exists.
8 >
9 > IOW, it's not about not liking upstream. It's about choosing a default
10 > that supports our default use-case.
13 My point exactly. When this happens we either make something like eudev
14 default or we have to make systemd default. I don't really care which as
15 long as i still have the option to change it.