From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:06:22
I have recently stumbled across a lot of gzipped *.html *.htm
files in the /usr/share/doc hierarchy.  I don't like it very much
since this breaks all navigation links.  My question is: is this
intended, should I write bug reports, should I submit patches (provided
I figure out who is the 'culprit' for the compression (I suppose this is
a 'feature' of ebuild at some level)

Thanks,

Stefan Boresch

PS: Assuming that the compression of documentation is done
semi-automatically by ebuild, might it not be the easiest to either
exclude htm(l) pages from compression, or make the behavior user
controllable...?