From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gzipped HTML docs in /usr/share/doc
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:06:22
1 I have recently stumbled across a lot of gzipped *.html *.htm
2 files in the /usr/share/doc hierarchy. I don't like it very much
3 since this breaks all navigation links. My question is: is this
4 intended, should I write bug reports, should I submit patches (provided
5 I figure out who is the 'culprit' for the compression (I suppose this is
6 a 'feature' of ebuild at some level)
7
8 Thanks,
9
10 Stefan Boresch
11
12 PS: Assuming that the compression of documentation is done
13 semi-automatically by ebuild, might it not be the easiest to either
14 exclude htm(l) pages from compression, or make the behavior user
15 controllable...?