From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New apache stuff in testing -> please package.mask it
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:43:12
1 On Thursday 21 Apr 2005 12:37, Paul Varner wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 05:48 +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
3 > > I've filed a bug[1] requesting that ebuilds with updated apache stuff
4 > > (anything using the new apache-module or depend.apache eclass/the new
5 > > install layout) be package.mask'd due to the regressions and breakages in
6 > > testing. I may have missed packages in the bug, hence this mail - you
7 > > know best if your using new stuff. :)
8 > >
9 > > Please package.mask said ebuilds ASAP so we can get apache itself into
10 > > package.mask.
11 >
12 > Even though I stated my opinion that I would like to see the new changes
13 > package masked again, the consensus that I read on the thread disagreed
14 > with that approach.
15 >
16 > My unsolicited opinion based upon the previous thread is since it is
17 > already out of the bag, leave it in ~arch and actively work the bugs so
18 > that you can get it to the point of being able to mark it stable.
19
20 Seems, I've been speaking to the wrong people then. Anyways, this has
21 prompted loads of bugs being fixed, which might mean apache will go stable
22 instead.
23
24 Best,
25 Elfyn
28 Elfyn McBratney http://beu.merseine.nu/
29 beu/irc.freenode.net http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/
30 +------------O.o--------------------- http://dev.gentoo.org/~beu/pubkey.asc
31
32 PGP Key ID: 0x69DF17AD
33 PGP Key Fingerprint:
34 DBD3 B756 ED58 B1B4 47B9 B3BD 8D41 E597 69DF 17AD