From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing the server profiles...
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:01:29
1 On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3 >> 2 - the only difference between server profiles and the base profile
4 >> is USE="+snmp" and maybe one other flag
5 >
6 > USE="-perl -python snmp truetype xml"
9 As has been pointed out previously, the "base" profile does not set
10 USE="perl python", so negating those flags in the server profile does
11 basically nothing. If certain packages have IUSE="+perl +python" it
12 might make a difference, but I don't think I have ever seen that.
13
14 IMO, setting truetype and xml for a "server" profile is just weird.