From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:43:01
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >> Erm, to be precise here, noone has removed any ciaranm's attributions
3 >> from devmanual, they've all been moved to the end of the document
4 >> originally, so that people wouldn't be forced to scroll across one
5 >> page worth of contributors to get to the actual content of devmanual.
6 >
7 > Nnnnnnope. All credits except for one name (of someone whose
8 > contributions were limited to a few sentences) were removed from the
9 > front page entirely, completely in violation of the licence. Repeated
10 > requests to the editor to fix it were ignored, so I escalated it to the
11 > appropriate party -- wherein certain people in positions of authority
12 > tried as hard as they could to claim that there was no licence
13 > violation and that following the licence wasn't important. Instead of
14 > getting fixed as soon as I notified anyone of the issue, it was dragged
15 > out for ages for political reasons.
16 >
17 I wasn't around for a lot of the arguments but I saw this one, and ciaran
18 was right. Get over it.
19
20 You could have mentioned that it was completely different to every other
21 document on the site, ciaran.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list