From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:23:32
1 On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:08:40 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 > > Yeah, you cry foul when people paint you with an overly broad
3 > > brush. Is it known? As far as I remember, the issue was
4 > > acknowledged when brought up, and then fixed. The issue hasn't
5 > > come up again with your docs. It hasn't come up with any other
6 > > thing.
7 >
8 > Erm, to be precise here, noone has removed any ciaranm's attributions
9 > from devmanual, they've all been moved to the end of the document
10 > originally, so that people wouldn't be forced to scroll across one
11 > page worth of contributors to get to the actual content of devmanual.
12
13 Nnnnnnope. All credits except for one name (of someone whose
14 contributions were limited to a few sentences) were removed from the
15 front page entirely, completely in violation of the licence. Repeated
16 requests to the editor to fix it were ignored, so I escalated it to the
17 appropriate party -- wherein certain people in positions of authority
18 tried as hard as they could to claim that there was no licence
19 violation and that following the licence wasn't important. Instead of
20 getting fixed as soon as I notified anyone of the issue, it was dragged
21 out for ages for political reasons.
24 Ciaran McCreesh
25 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
26 Web : http://ciaranm.org/