From: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hansmi@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:05:49
1 On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:52:02 +0200
2 Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello Benedikt
5 >
6 > On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:37:11PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
7 > > It is basically netqmail split into much smaller chunks so they can
8 > > be reused by other qmail variants as well.
9 >
10 > Okay, I looked through it and found some things which need
11 > reconsideration. I agree that user creation and such things can be
12 > easily done in an eclass. However, functions like qmail_src_unpack
13 > should be done in the ebuild. Putting them in an eclass and just doing
14 > "if (a) { … } else if (b) { … }" makes it harder to understand and
15 > unneccessarily complicated.
16
17 i thought about this, but i'd really like to see things like qmail-spp
18 and the gentoo qmail tarball be handled by the eclass, on the other
19 hand i agree that unpacking netqmail or qmail based on $FOO is not the
20 best idea. any suggestions?
23 > Greets,
24 > Michael
27 Bene