From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hollow@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:54:59
1 Hello Benedikt
2
3 On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:37:11PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
4 > It is basically netqmail split into much smaller chunks so they can be
5 > reused by other qmail variants as well.
6
7 Okay, I looked through it and found some things which need
8 reconsideration. I agree that user creation and such things can be
9 easily done in an eclass. However, functions like qmail_src_unpack
10 should be done in the ebuild. Putting them in an eclass and just doing
11 "if (a) { … } else if (b) { … }" makes it harder to understand and
12 unneccessarily complicated. qmail_base_install should be split in
13 smaller functions, maybe with callbacks (if possible in bash). In the
14 end the ebuild shouldn't contain any package-specific code. Can you look
15 into it again?
16
17 Greets,
18 Michael