From: Azamat Hackimov <azamat.hackimov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Identity Provider
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 07:35:59
1 вт, 19 мая 2020 г. в 09:47, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 2020-05-18 at 18:42 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
4 > > TL;DR: What if we launched id.gentoo.org, an identity provider that
5 > > provides authentication for Gentoo properties? Basically, 1 username /
6 > > password for wiki, bugs, email, forums, and any other http service[0][1].
7 > >
8 > > Today Gentoo has numerous systems that mostly work in a segmented way.
9 > >
10 > > - To connect to hosts, we use ssh keys.
11 > > - Git is authenticated via ssh keys.
12 > > - Email uses LDAP passwords.
13 > > - Bugzilla has its own identities, with their own passwords.
14 > > - Wiki is separate, with its own passwords.
15 > > - Forums are separate.
16 > > - Infra has an additional 4 systems that use separate credentials.
17 > >
18 > > Some applications support 2FA (such as wiki.)
19 > > Some applications do not support 2FA.
20 > > Applications that require 2FA have a configuration for each app, so you
21 > > have N configurations.
22 > >
23 > > If we configured id.gentoo.org you would have 1 identity across all gentoo
24 > > properties.
25 > >
26 > > Is this a thing people are interested in?
29 > What a coincidence I've just archived our old identity.gentoo.org [1]
30 > project. And yes, we almost had this back in 2013 but Infra failed to
31 > deploy, and it was claimed obsolete by the time I joined Infra.
32 >
33 > Do you have any specific solution in mind?
34 >
35 > [1] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/archive/proj/identity.gentoo.org.git/
38 > --
39 > Best regards,
40 > Michał Górny
43 Hi there.
44
45 Maybe better to try something already stable, like KeyCloak [1]? Seem
46 all that you need (OpenID, LDAP, SAML2, external Identity Providers
47 via OpenID) is already implemented.
48
49 [1] https://www.keycloak.org/
52 From Siberia with Love!