From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild for xbatt
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:49:16
1 On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 06:31:23PM -0500, Damon M. Conway wrote:
2 > Here is an ebuild for xbatt. It's a laptop battery status display for X.
3 > I tested it on my system. This is my first ebuild, so any comments are
4 > appreciated.
5
6 > src_install () {
7 >
8 > try make install
9 >
10 > }
11
12 This is incorrect. You need to get all files installed into ${D}, the Portage
13 temporary directory, rather than install to the root filesystem directly. Look
14 at any of our other ebuilds in the Portage tree for examples of how to do this;
15 basically, you study the Makefile and see if you can override DESTDIR or prefix
16 to redirect the install somewhere else.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
22 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org