From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Council Reminder for June 11
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:40:03
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> posted
2 20090610234403.58bc6587@snowcone, excerpted below, on Wed, 10 Jun 2009
3 23:44:03 +0100:
4
5 > On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 00:37:33 +0200
6 > Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o> wrote:
7 >> Putting in a wait for 4 or 8 weeks or whatever doesn't cost us anything
8 >> but does simplify things and gives us a clear deployment process.
9 >
10 > It loses us reasonably wide testing of Portage's implementation in
11 > ~arch. I'd rather not see Portage go stable with an EAPI before that
12 > EAPI's been tested in the main tree for packages that are used by a half
13 > decent number of ~arch users.
14
15 Extremely good point.
16
17 As an unreformed ~arch user with the scars to prove it, I know I'm a
18 tester for a lot of this stuff and relish the opportunity. =:^) But
19 there's been times I've shuddered at the thought of something I've dealt
20 with hitting stable and I'm sure I'm not an exception in that regard, so
21 anything that would lose us that valuable testing buffer had better have
22 a VERY good reason.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman