From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Instability
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:53:51
1 please file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org
2
3 //Spider
4
5 begin quote
6 On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:35:47 -0400 (EDT)
7 Cyril Tikhomiroff <tikho@××××××××.org> wrote:
8
9 > Hi again,
10 >
11 > I have found why my system hang during Hard disk access (I forgot to
12 > use the driver of myu IDE controller in the kernel). There is still
13 > something I don't understand.
14 >
15 > After a few minutes or more after booting Gentoo Linux 1.1a, it is not
16 > possible to start any new process. If for instance I had a shell and I
17 > issue ls /bin, then my prompt does nothing and it is not possible to
18 > kill the ls process with CTRL-C or CTRL-\.
19 >
20 > Is it related to a misconfiguration of the kernel ? Is it related to
21 > tmpfs, devfs ?
22 >
23 > Again, if you could send me your .config of the kernel use on your ISO
24 > installation disc, it could maybe help me.
25 >
26 > Regards
27 >
28 > Tikho