From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild's that new another packages comfigured source
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:58:45
1 Sean P. Kane wrote:
2 > I am very new to Gentoo development and am trying to create an
3 > ebuild file for linux-wlan-ng. Which among a few other things
4 > includes the drivers for Prism2 based wireless network cards. To
5 > compile the PCMCIA driver it needs to have access to the CONFIGURED
6 > pcmcia-cs source code. Assuming that someone has the USE flag
7 > "pcmcia" set how do I tell ebuild that I need "pcmcia source". If
8 > this is impossible should I always download pcmcia a new, configure
9 > and install it and then keep the source around to do the
10 > linux-wlan-ng build from? This seems clumsy and likely to cause
11 > people some grief.
12
13 Does the linux-wlan-ng stuff conflict with any other pcmcia-cs modules?
14 If not, then just modify the pcmcia-cs ebuild to install the wlan stuff
15 too.
18 > Thoughts beyond this:
19 >
20 > Is there a way to keep the source installed for certain key packages
21 > like pcmcia in a consistent way like the kernel sources are kept
22 > around? Maybe have a USE "KeySourceCode" or something?
23
24 I see nothing wrong with creating a pcmcia-cs-source ebuild that
25 copies the configured source to /usr/src after doing the configuration.
26 Well, I guess the only issue would be where to draw the lines about
27 which packages have a -source.
28
29 Chad