From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:24:07
1 On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 09:11:26AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote
2
3 > 2 To avoid an unsatisfied REQUIRED_USE by default.
4 >
5 > * Example: having a non-empty RUBY_TARGETS by default.
6
7 What's wrong with having emerge spit out an error message, and telling
8 the user that they need to set a flag to one of 2-or-more options?
9
10 > 4 To make the default build agree with the maintainer's personal
11 > preferences.
12 >
13 > * Example: enabling hpn in net-misc/openssh by default.
14
15 Another example is IPV6 which most people do not yet have from their
16 ISP as a regular service.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications