From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:31:26
1 On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 14:49 -0600, lnxg33k wrote:
2 > A few posts here have mentioned Catalyst and its respective documentation. I
3 > remember tossing out some bugs about the docs and was told they were old and
4 > being redone. A quick google seems to bring up some dated stuff. Anyway, are
5 > those docs up yet (I'd even be interested in working copies) and, if so, where
6 > at? Thanks.
7
8 USE=doc emerge catalyst
9
10 That gives the definitive spec file templates which are well documented.
11 The online documentation is still for catalyst 1.x, which will be phased
12 out over the next couple weeks for catalyst 2.0, which is current in
13 pre-release testing and is masked. Fell free to unmask it and play with
14 it, as it works fine. We are just wanting to iron out the last few bugs
15 before releasing it, so feel free to bang away on it and report any
16 problems that you find.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
21 x86 Architecture Team