From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-libs/glibc/files/eblits: pkg_preinst.eblit
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:44:16
1 Il giorno mer, 13/10/2010 alle 20.12 -0400, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
2 >
3 > yet another reason (strace also readily comes to mind) i keep asking
4 > you to post fixes and/or notify maintainers (base-system/toolchain)
5
6 For your information I _am_ part of base-system, so at least for strace
7 you really can't say anything. I also told you before that if you want
8 to be notified personally you should add _yourself_ to metadata beside
9 the herd.
10
11 > instead of just committing things. pushd/popd do not write to stderr.
12 > so this change now echoes the dirs when people emerge it. plus, this
13 > really should be outside of the loop.
14
15 I admit the mistake, fwiw it was part of debugging:
16
17 pushd &> /dev/null
18
19 became
20
21 pushd 2> /dev/null
22
23 and then forgot about changing it back. So sorry to have added ... four
24 lines of noise on a merge log?
25
26 On the other hand if I left it to the same process I left my personal
27 problem with binary merging of glibc (i.e. no news about it in months),
28 the user who reported to me that glibc segfaulted during binary merges
29 would probably still be hitting the same problem. Hmm I wonder what's
30 worse.
33 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
34 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
35
36 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
37 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/