From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] collab herd for cooperative pkg maintenance
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:54:01
1 On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:49:44 -0400 Tim Harder wrote:
2 > On 2015-03-23 13:48, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
3 > > You want to have a herd for that or something in metadata.xml that would raise a
4 > > flag that the package can be freely touched/maintained by anyone?
5 >
6 > I'd rather have a herd so people can easily scan via euscan or similar to see
7 > the entire array of pkgs falling into the space. Abusing another metadata field
8 > doesn't give the same visibility or would require changes from tools.
9 >
10 > For example, bugs assigned to the herd or with it in CC could be fixed by
11 > anyone without having to ask for permission. How would that be handled easily
12 > when using an extra metadata field?
13
14 Assume that half of the tree joined this idea. Mail traffic on this
15 herd will be insane.
16
17 I'm in favour of a special tag idea, equery tool may be updated to
18 show it on `equery meta $pkgname` calls.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Andrew Savchenko