From: Alexander Futasz <acid.punk@×××.net>
To: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage and /usr/local
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 06:55:35
1 On 04 Sep 2002 19:23:07 +0200
2 Eric Jacoboni <jaco@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > - is this possible to get a description of what a ebuild is for ? On
4 > *BSD ports, there is a DESCR file which contains a short
5 > description, along with the master site URL. I find this short
6 > descr very useful as, given the crowd of availables ebuilds, it's
7 > sometimes difficult to find the one that best fits my need.
8
9 do 'emerge <package> -s' to get a short description and the url of the
10 package. alternatively you could look inside the .ebuild.
11
12 -alex