From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slotted Lua + revdeps to be unmasked on Christmas Eve
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:49:38
1 On 12/23/20 4:09 AM, Marek Szuba wrote:
2 >
3 > I think what you are looking for is lua_get_shared_lib() from
4 > lua-utils.eclass. We have already got ebuilds in the tree which use
5 > it.
8 Knowing the library name only helps if I patch the build system; that's
9 what I'm getting at. The few packages where this works use CMake, and
10 CMake already tries to guess[0] the name of the lua library (thanks
11 Debian) and so it has a pre-defined variable to store the result.
12
13 Not all build systems are going to work like that. Suppose I know that
14 the name of the lua library is "lua5.2". An autotools build system is
15 going to run something like,
16
17 AC_SEARCH_LIBS([whatever], [lua], [lua_found="yes"])
18
19 How do I pass the name "lua5.2" to that, without hacking configure.ac
20 and running autoreconf? The only option that comes to mind is to build
21 the entire project with LIBS="-llua5.2", but that's not right if only
22 some of the executables are supposed to be linked with lua.
23
24 For contrast, if the lua library was stored in /usr/lib64/lua5.2, then I
25 could just set LIBS="-L/usr/lib64/lua5.2" and let ./configure do its thing.
28 [0] https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindLua.cmake