From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slotted Lua + revdeps to be unmasked on Christmas Eve
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 09:10:02
1 On December 23, 2020 2:56:05 AM UTC, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2
3 >One last design issue that I ran into during the migration.
4 >
5 >The slotted lua ebuilds install the headers into subdirectories like
6 >/usr/include/lua5.2, but otherwise with their upstream names. The
7 >libraries, on the other hand, all get installed directly to $libdir..
8 >but with NON-standard names like liblua5.2.a (as opposed to simply
9 >liblua.a).
10 >
11 >This makes it impossible to build against a specific version of Lua
12 >without using pkg-config. The usual way would be to add
13 >/usr/include/lua5.2 to the compiler's include path, and $libdir/lua5.2
14 >to its library path (via -I and -L)... but there's no way to tell the
15 >build system to look for a library of an entirely different name.
16 >Things
17 >like AC_SEARCH_LIBS are going to try -llua, and that's it.
18
19 I think what you are looking for is lua_get_shared_lib() from lua-utils.eclass. We have already got ebuilds in the tree which use it.
22 MS