From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [LARGE MESSAGE] Media-sound reorganization!
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:53:16
1 On Sunday 07 November 2004 14:29, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > Sorry, Stuart. KMail sucks, so you'll get this email twice.
3 > I don't think an arbitrary depths would be so helpful. Most likely it'd
4 > slowdown portage. How about flatten the whole beast!? The categorization
5 > hasn't to be done via directories.
6
7 By what, 1% or less? (according to what I remember portage devs were saying
8 90% of the time is spent in bash anyway). Instead we will improve or at least
9 regain browseability of the tree. Searches are good (and we can get multiple
10 categorization that way as well), but if we can have both then why not?
11
12 George
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list