From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] punting the use.defaults feature
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:16:55
1 On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:18:58AM -0800, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Well, I don't think so... If I want to enable a feature for one
4 > > specific ebuild and a USE flag in /etc/portage/package.use pulls in a
5 > > dep, that in turn enables that use flag globally, it's obviously not
6 > > what I intended and forces me to add yet another -flag into make.conf
7 >
8 > If you don't want portage to employ dark magic in guessing which use
9 > flags you want enabled, don't let it. Specify your use flags explicitly.
10
11 or we can just remove the dark magic and be done with it
12
13 use.defaults is almost like letting ./configure scripts auto detect
14 settings on the fly imho
15 -mike
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list