From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:07:27
1 On Tuesday 25 October 2005 18:55, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > > Maybe for some people compiling is included in runtime, but I'm not
3 > > one of them.
4 >
5 > I am. I frequently compile software against installed libraries in my
6 > day job. I don't run into this problem solely because I don't install
7 > binary packages.
8
9 I think we should also remember that depclean removes/should remove
10 build-time dependencies. So also when only working source-based packages
11 this could be an issue. Runtime to me only means (post-buildtime). The
12 header deps are only not needed when the headers are not installed at
13 all.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze