From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gtk/gtk2/gtk3 USE flag situation
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 17:52:09
1 On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 01:14:17PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 5/27/16 12:59 PM, rindeal wrote:
3 > > On 27 May 2016 at 18:54, landis blackwell <blackwelllandis@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >> I stopped reading after you reminded me it was 2016
5 > >
6 > > Good to know, thanks for stopping by.
9 > Yeah the "its <current> year" meme has been making its rounds of the
10 > internet.
11 >
12 > anyhow, my 2017 question is about avahi. right now i have USE=gtk and
13 > gtk3, where gtk really means gtk2. i'm not going to change that because
14 > it fits QA's specs. but i could remove it altogether and just drop gtk2
15 > support for the next release. good idea? bad idea? i guess i'm asking
16 > whats the status of gtk2 in gentoo seeing as its dead upstream.
17
18 From QA's pov, the gtk2 support is up to you, but I also would recommend
19 adding a gtk2 use flag if you keep it around. The idea is to eventually
20 get away from the non-versioned use flag.
21
22 Thanks,
23
24 William