From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 15:06:46
1 On 11/02/2014 03:08 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, nothing is ever ideal, but as issues come up they are being
4 > dealt with now. I can't think of any situations where somebody has
5 > been able to block out new contributors in the last year or two.
6 > Sure, there have been a few attempts, but we've squashed them.
9 You are being specific now. But the problem is not that specific. It
10 just manifests in specific conflicts. Are you saying the solution is to
11 fix these conflicts as they come up and don't worry about the reasons
12 they came up in the first place?
13
14 As I said. All that does is slow down the regression. It doesn't even
15 keep status quo.