From: Dominik Westner <westner@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] State of Developement
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:38:55
1 Well, first let me say that Gentoo is the first Linux distribution I
2 really like. It's not yet perfect but it's getting there.
3 It's also the first distribution I would like to get involved more.
4
5 I have submitted some ebuilds and most of the ended up in portage quite
6 quickly. Some have been reworked a little bit, which I appreciate a
7 lot, because you see how to make it better. About some (very few) I
8 never heard back (e.g. Darwin Streaming Server). I don't know why, but
9 maybe nobody cared about the packages.
10 I also submitted bug reports and got lots of feedback. So I am very
11 happy about this, even if so far none of my suggestions made it into
12 the system, which is ok, because I feel that the people are really busy
13 with other things and for me it's easy to setup the system the way I
14 like it.