From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: GLEP 55
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:14:23
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > So you're volunteering to convert the entire tree to the new EAPI all
3 > in one go every two months?
4
5 I don't see the need and I won't see the problem given right now what is
6 interesting is the set of improvements that aren't forward incompatible.
7
8 Being that the case you'd just need 2 trees, managed as overlay and a
9 marker for each tree on which eapi to use, but I dislike empty theories
10 or hardly searched corner cases that could be avoided with half of the
11 effort necessary to get there.
14 lu
18 Luca Barbato
19 Gentoo Council Member