From: purslow@×××××××××.ca
To: Joseph Pingenot <trelane@××××××××××.net>
Cc: Gentoo Devt <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] Re: [gentoo-dev] Developers beware.
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:17:36
1 040216 Joseph Pingenot wrote:
2 >> From purslow@×××××××××.ca on Sunday, 15 February, 2004:
3 >> but let's remember that free-software workers far outnumber M$ cadres
4 >> & 95 % humans are not subject to the repressive US legal system,
5 >> so M$ wd have a v hard time, if they tried that kind of attack.
6 > I agree that it has its warts, but "repressive" is a vast overstatement,
7 > There are *much* worse systems out there which deserve that moniker.
8 > I know it's currently popular to bash the US, but please don't.
9
10 yes, i'm aware this is a sensitive subject & largely OT for Gentoo-dev,
11 but the OP -- whose warning i said was sensible -- like so many others
12 did sound as if everyone is subject to the US legal system.
13 that is by no means the case, as Hollywood & M$ are finding out in Europe.
14 people in Canada & Europe are not as frightened of being hit
15 w a legal sledgehammer as most US residents seem to be, rightly/not:
16 our societies are based on consensus rather than continual confront'n.
17
18 but largely OT ... (smile)
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list