From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:51:24
1 On 2006.07.08 12:09, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I would like to remove those packages from portage:
5 >
6 > app-cdr/cdrecord-prodvd: Functionality of DVD-burning is now
7 > officially included in app-cdr/cdrtools.
8 > app-cdr/dvdrtools: Same reason. No need to use this fork of
9 > cdrtools-1.11...
10 [snip]
11 >
12 > All packages are in package.mask. I will remove then in 30
13 > days when there is no good reason to keep them.
14 >
15 > Regards, Lars
16 >
17 > --
18 > Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
19 > Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer
20 > Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
21 > Gentoo Foundation : Trustee
24 Lars,
25
26 app-cdr/dvdrtools provides the format utility to format DVD+RW media
27 prior to mkudffs on them. Where has that functionality gone ?
28
29 Regards,
30
31 Roy Bamford